If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (480) 503-2090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How Humidity Can Cause Mold Damage in Your Home

8/12/2020 (Permalink)

Monsoons can bring humidity to homes in Phoenix this time of year, and that excess humidity can cause mold damage to form inside of the homes that are not adequately equipped to deal with it. Mold damage initially grows from mold spores that have been exposed to moisture. You may think you can completely rid your home of mold spores, but that is impossible. Mold spores are ever-present. They are microscopic and impossible for the naked eye to see. Learn how humidity can cause mold damage and what to do about it.

Avoid mold damage in your home

The best way to avoid mold damage in Phoenix from forming in your home is to make sure that the conditions mold needs to grow are never present in your home to begin with, such as controlling humidity and moisture. However, no matter how careful you may be, it is not uncommon for mold to begin to grow out of sight. This can happen from leaky roofs where water can collect in the attic, or perhaps a leaking water pipe behind a bathroom wall. If you find mold with issues like these, the important action is that you take steps to remedy the problem as soon as you discover the mold damage, instead of leaving the problem to only get worse. Mold damage should never be left dry out on its own. Mold can eat away at organic materials, such as the wooden framework of a house and make the damage worse.

Why you should call a professional for mold remediation

Humidity, not matter how severe or minor, can result in mold damage in your home. It can happen slowly, or quite quickly. Regardless, avoid the temptation to try and address it on your own. Calling a professional cleanup and restoration company like SERVPRO of Phoenix is the best thing that you can do for your home. Our IICRC-certified techs can get to work immediately once we arrive at your home, and we always strive to get there as quickly as possible with our 24/7 service offering. After investigating the mold in home and what is causing it, SERVPRO can determine how best to address the mold issue. Using disinfectant and antifungal agents, we can spray-and-wipe the mold right off your walls.

Once the mold is gone, the work continues

Afterward applying chemicals to get rid of surface mold, SERVPRO can use advanced equipment like dryers and dehumidifiers get rid of excess water and lower the overall humidity in your home so that mold doesn't begin to regrow immediately. We can use air scrubbers equipped with HEPA filters to combat the musty odor mold damage causes. SERVPRO always aims to return your home to the state it was in before the damage began. Many homeowners that battle mold on their own that’s caused by humidity miss this step and the mold can soon return, along with damage. That’s why it’s best to call professionals who know how to get rid of the mold damage and keep it from coming back.

If you find mold damage inside of your home caused by humidity, get help as soon as possible. Call us at  (480) 503-2090 to speak with a representative of SERVPRO of Phoenix. Our trained technicians will come out and address the problem immediately.

Other News

View Recent Posts